Radar’s Matthew Warren was hired by executive producer Jim Angelo of Dialogue Pictures for the Zillow/White House webcast that took place on August 7, 2013 at the Hilton Woodland Hills. The webcast featured President Obama and Zillow CEO Spencer Rascoff as they talked about housing in America. The broadcast was hosted on Zillow.com and WhiteHouse.gov.
With only four days lead time, Warren helped secure a Home Depot parking lot for the TV truck compound and crew parking and also served as a technical producer during the pre-production process. Working with scenic and lighting, the hotel, the White House and Zillow, Warren helped prep the webcast while the out-of-state producers created custom content from social media sources like Vine, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram using the #AskObamaHousing hashtag. During the live webcast, Warren directed three cameras, oversaw chyron and six video rolls from an EVS system.
In addition to the 30-minute live webcast, Warren oversaw two live “hits” to CNBC and Bloomberg News, making sure Mr. Rascoff and the crew were ready for the live network interviews.
- Highlights of Zillow’s Interview with President Obama [3 Minute Video]
- President Obama Answers Your Housing Questions with Zillow [28 Minute Video]
- Recap: Zillow Hosts President Obama in Wide-Ranging Housing Discussion
- LA Times Review
- CNN Money Review
- Bloomberg TV [Video]
- “Getting in front of the real estate game…” [Video]
- Visit Zillow’s LA website [Link]